Tuesday 27 December 2022

Hey Love, Again and Again

You could be that siren who knows? alluring me to crash on the jagged rocks
Ending me, reddening the water yet afloat in a yearning for the song of your speech
As each word mutilates my will, ravaging me, making my eye sparkle like yours
Breathing just enough life back into me to be in this endless sea of incessant taunting.
It is your hair, those long tresses, the softness and the shimmer of theirs that allures
Or it is the soul-melting beaming smile that rises from your lips as they curve on each side
Maybe it is the essence of you in the air you exhale that I crave to breathe and drown my lungs 
Or maybe it is this unending, unrelenting, overpowering mystifying presence of you  
I would be on a ship every life I get and be drawn into the reefs you wave at me from
Wish to be drowned under the very reflection you cast on the icy seas you live on
If there is another day that I could spend, I would spend it reddening the green sea
Rushing towards you in madness over and again, wishing to see you be the end of me

No comments:

Post a Comment