Tuesday 20 December 2022

Hitting rock bottom is ok when your pillow is soft

It is after 1 AM and the only thing on my mind seems to be you casting me into a dark void. I have had nightmares before, but this seems to be a waking one. I turn my face around to the pillow and try to force myself to sleep, but then it doesn't help. The allure of having you in my arms is a craving that incessantly taunts me. 

Where is the gentleness love was to bring to my heart
Has the love I have had not been of comfort to yours
I was in love enough for the both of us and more
Then why does the heart not heal since we have been apart
Or is it that love is a misgiving, conferred upon me to render grief
For there is such a wide chasm between us, and it runs so deep
Will my heart ever be free of your longing and if so when will it be
For there seems to be no end to this unfathomable loss of sleep

As I turn to my phone my fingers twitch, I want to send you a message and say things that I would want to, yet none that you would like to hear I know. I look at your name that displays brighter than the other names and think, if you are all my life will ever be of. I fret not if that is the case, for I haven't seen it better without you, neither before nor post. I could write another verse and lament in the drudgery life brings each day, but you are what I seem to cherish the most, so love gets a free pass.

Where did my eyes misplace their bountiful sleep, for I want to dream
Of you, of me, of the places we once roamed hand in hand and gleamed
It is the approaching year-end where I seem to have lost another year
The only solace is these random once in a while conversation I hear
I have to ask myself on why this is so too, and not the way it should
I know this makes no sense, for I have never even grieved as I could
My eyes have remained as dry as the dead that are buried alive open-eyed
Or maybe I have cried so often in your parting that the tears have all dried.



The AI version


It's after one AM and all I can think about is you
Casting me into a dark void, a waking nightmare that's true
I try to force myself to sleep, to escape the pain
But the longing for you is a craving that remains

Where is the gentleness love was supposed to bring
Has my love not been enough, has it not been enough to ease your suffering
I loved you with all my heart, and more
But since we've been apart, the pain is hard to ignore

There's a chasm between us, a gap that's hard to cross
I wonder if my heart will ever be free from this loss
I want to send you a message, say the things I wish I could
But I know you wouldn't want to hear them, even if I could

As the year comes to a close, I feel like I've lost another year
The only comfort is the occasional conversation, a moment of cheer
I wonder why this is, why I can't move on
I know it makes no sense, I haven't even grieved as I should

My eyes are dry, my tears have all run out
But I still dream of you, of the times we roamed and roamed about
I'll cherish those memories, even as the pain remains
For you, love, are worth the heartache, worth the pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment