Tuesday 6 September 2022

The lonely Malayali

I rather not wait for Mahabali, this time around during lunch
Don't get me wrong, we have known each quite well over the years
There hasn't been once when I missed a lunch or a dinner with him
This time I have nothing to offer him, I would hate for him to be sad

Knowing me I would try to make half good avial, or maybe some pachhadi
But then sambar eludes me, so does olan and thoran needs expertise
I have always had these on a platter waiting to serve him lunch
This time I have nothing to offer him, I would hate for me to be sad

Now Now, know for sure, Mahabali is a righteous king, kind too
He may not mind my absence this time around for Onam
But I promise myself to learn a trick or two from mommy dearest
The next time I will want to make up for my abrupt escapism

No comments:

Post a Comment