Monday 19 September 2022

Wishing for weekends

There is a constant want for the mind to roam free
From shackles of love and longing from everyone I see
I seek to be what man was never meant to exist as
A being free of such unwarranted and delirious hypocrisy 

What brings one to thoughts of such bare minimum deeds
Wherein one accepts such failing and dubious mediocrity
This farcical feeling that a soul would ever be loved if free
I like most at some point have subjected myself to be

When I like very few woke up to a random monday breeze
My heart longed to not be a victim of such invalid symphonies
I held my breath for a moment as if to validate my existence
Fell right back into bed and searched for my lovely sleep

When the weekends arrive, i hope my mind wakes me
I would rush to see the few souls that I know and greet
Find the comfort from this senseless forlorny   
Sit and share a drink by the deep blue sea

No comments:

Post a Comment