Friday 23 September 2022

A hitch in time saves no one

Hey would you like me, to toast your bread?
A crispy brown, or maybe a rare firm
Some egg slices, a few strips of bacon, or maybe a few turkey loaf slices
Mayonnaise or melted cheese, or maybe cheese slices
Would you like me, to bring it to you

Would you like me, to make some coffee, I make excellent coffee
A dash of nutmeg, a pinch of oregano, boiled with a blend of coffee and chicory
Or maybe you prefer instant coffee, of boiled water, and some dairy creamer
Would you like me, to bring it to you after

Would you want me, to bring you the breakfast cereal?
There is a bunch to choose, what would you prefer oh lovely lady 
Chocolate crisp, or non sugar coated plain flakes of corn? Quinoa maybe? With milk then?
Would you want me, to bring that along too?

Would you wait for me, at the breakfast table?
To eat together I meant, it's fine, don't read too much into it
I would hate for you to stand in the queue at the hotel buffet, especially when I exist
Would you wait for me, for like eating together I meant

Would you want to know, how I feel?
About this buffet I mean, like how the food is, if the stay is comfortable 
If you maybe want to recommend this to a friend, or someone you love
Would you want to know, ah! I'll be right back, I bit my tongue I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment