Monday 19 September 2022

A little story of a demon or two

I was quite afraid of the dark when I was a child, petrified
I would hold my mother's hair, in hopes of her saving me lest I get snatched
By a demon that roams in the pitch black night
I was a silly silly little child, you see

Somedays when my wife slept, and if I woke up scared from dreams
I would hold her hair bun secretly too , hoping she would save me
Like we could together gang up and fight a demon or two
I was a silly silly husband once, you see

These days when I sleep, I often am disturbed mid sleep
I always find a demon or two scared, reaching out
I make some space in my bed, they cuddle up close and I sing them a lullaby
I guess these demons have been a little too scared

I guess the demons have now become me, or have I become one
I am always unsure of my turning or my turning of others
I am sure of one thing though, at this point in time of life
There is nothing and no one built to scare me

No comments:

Post a Comment