Wednesday 28 September 2022

Holding on to tonight

I have often prayed, for my love
For it to never make you weaker or morose
For it to never bring you into shades of anger
For it to not cause you discomfort or dissonance
But I have never prayed to make you dependent

I have often caved, in your absence of you my love
For it makes me resentful of my helplessness
For it makes me reprise my past mistakes of self harm
For it makes me wish for a sudden release from life
But I have never cursed your absence due your association

I have often wished, for an undoing of our first meeting
For it has brought you nothing from me except  love
For it has brought you only constant interruptions
For it has brought you nothing but my failure as a lover
But I have never felt you to be my failure nor mistake

I now sit sleepless, for my eyes fear the closure of today
For I saw you for the last time this evening and you left
For I heard you for the last time today as you spoke to me
For I read your messages for the last time today 
But I shall never let my heart heal, for you have it with you

Be 
Be better
Be benevolent
Be  beloved
Be
If not mine, yet
Be

No comments:

Post a Comment