Sunday 4 September 2022

Some love is distinctly different

The lotus hid halfway in her saree crease, I swear it looked pretty though
She could have worn it with more care I tell myself but then again why
It is as pretty when the chiffon fabric curls, extruding slightly, in the light
She looks pretty, I think I was maybe in love with her saree draping skills more

She looked at me straight cold, asked my eyes with her's, if I loved her
I was not sure what I loved more, everything else was too beautiful about her
She could be just a victim of my imagination running wild, what if my love too was
I responded by sliding her saree back on her shoulders when the pallu fell away

She leaned forward with her forehead for what she knew me as, a guardian at best
I kissed it and smiled, held her to my chest in half an embrace patting her back gently
As she walked back to the stage she turned back and smiled from the distance
I was good at loving her, but I would never be her lover at romancing

No comments:

Post a Comment