Monday 14 March 2022

But truth be told

"You look worried, do you want to talk?" 
Her voice sounded worried, I was dug in deep
My head was hurting, but not my mind 
I needed some peace, so I had to shut her out
"Yes dear, I am worried we would fight"
I smirked at her, out of my need for peace
I was worn out, I had to get some sleep
So I reclined, as she looked at me aghast
She left the room, turned my study dark
I stared out the window, overlooking the park
She called out again, "Come get some sleep"
Being too tired to engage, i gently rest my feet
Some time past the witching hour, I woke 
She stood at the door, watched me light my smoke
I waved disgruntled, sent her back to bed
Dawn arrived, she packed her bags and left
I breathed in relief, for now I was at peace
I'll tell you something worth remembering
And do remember this util your last breath
A spouse may bring little joys, often to your life
But only their absence will let you be in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment