Monday 14 March 2022

Hey Brother! Could you?

How would you know my brother?
What if those orchids have 
         forever wanted to speak?
and in the absence of a listener earlier
         they wept, in solitude, 
         bloomed and faded
waiting for a chance, to shine in the light
to share their smiles, in turn blooming eyes 
I would not know, I don't grow flowers
so i would want to know, get to know them
does a Dendrobium Sonia sing?
          it surely seems to have that face
Do Phalaenopsis suddenly spring into Jazz? 
          it has the absolute colours to
The Cattleya seem to stand by, observing                      
          as if they are the choir singers
          waiting to break into Georgian chants
Ah! so much to know, So little time too
But brother Unnath, let me know
Should you chance upon these beauties singing
          should you spy on them and find them so
Tell me their songs, maybe translate,
          I cant understand or speak Kannada
          you do, hey they are your flowers 
Maybe translate them for me, 
I would want to write
          flow in their music,
          transform their thoughts
Write a few verses, 
          find a different dimension of life.





No comments:

Post a Comment