Thursday 24 March 2022

The Asylum Of Loons by the lake

It is another windy misty evening, by the lake
An asylum of Common Loons mark the coming dusk
Amidst the moon and sun's fight to stay
I ignore either, waiting for the stars to rise

The hooting Loons embalm me in their  lunacy
As if to haunt and taunt, tugging at my semblance of peace
Amidst my fight of loneliness and lone
I try to ignore them, for I await the stars

I have traced constellations in my diary for years
They seem to hold a permanence seldom seen in life
Amidst the fight of the axial tilt of earth's spin
I have always ignored them, for I camp out in Summers.

These Loons must know me by now I am sure
They seem to often walk by me, past wading the lake
Amidst their fight of curiosity and the fright of humans
They seem to ignore my belonging to the human race

Maybe that is what acceptance is, I am loon
Unlike these Loons, I cannot swim nor fly
Amidst the fight of admiration and wishing a rebirth as one
I have learnt to ignore my egoistical  existence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment