Thursday 3 March 2022

Evening, with a chance of showers

Evening egrets, bring seething regrets
Into the hearts that ponder in love, drenched
Wanton cravings and petrichor serve only none
A lover's absence is a gust of wind mid rain
That makes the heart and bones shiver
Those in search for these bygones, writhe
Singe their heart in embers long cold
Pity falls, and crouched behind lonely walls
Lies hearts that have been lied to of hope
"Come hither, come forth" is often a calling 
The darkness of all's end sings to such souls
One should know better, to walk along towards
For there is nothing better the future holds
So they ask often
"Tell me darling, 
   tell me soon, 
   tell me true"
Why is it that my smiling heart ,
  is now embroiled in rue?
Their cries are best unheard, for lost loves do
They ask of things that strike one's soul
If I was the one that broke a lover's heart
My soulful conscience would hurt me too

No comments:

Post a Comment