Monday 5 June 2023

at breakfast, love at first light

I have walked, limped, crawled, 
often dragged myself 
half willing to love
And failed over and again,
 for there was no me 
in love's reflection
I had become him
the everything as wished of me
 I meant nothing to me too
By the beach this one day
When the lazy, crazy sun dawned
My cab sent me wayward
The clocks spun backward
I found me in you
The dripping airconditioner sprayed
Oh so many stories of waterfalls
We joked about it too
Of geologists and engineers
putting on insulation tapes
To stop us from inadvertently bathing
Who bathes in full public view!
It was a seaside, but it wasn't though
My heart was the hills
Your's had dense forests too
As you trekked up to mine
And I traversed your's
Out brunch arrived on platters
And we cracked a few jokes 
About the guacamole too
When I asked you 
to switch to my side
For your voice was too gentle 
to register amongst your tune
You were the song
 I had been humming
Or maybe I was hummed to
The hours passed away swiftly
And when I found unnerving storms
You helped me sail through
When all that had pulled me apart
As work through bindings do
I turned around to you 
And found my self with you
I no longer cursed my birth
When I found my love for you

No comments:

Post a Comment