Sunday 11 June 2023

I miss the sweltering sun

Hey June, where is the dust all of a sudden
You arrived early by a whole week, I had planned the following
A couple of chairs in my balcony
Two glasses of white rum
Mixed in cold coffee from cartons
Some Garlic butter prawns 
A bottle of The Grey Goose stuffed with fairy lights
An evening to kick back and relax too

Yet you brought me love, and you brough me parting too
A heart once filled with warm camaraderie is crying now
And I go through the following
A forced trip of guilt somehow
Forsaken trust in lieu of biterness abound
The skies being filled with rain clouds
Only to cast darkness on my wish to being in love

Was this how my May was, is this how I should be lost
A dry leaf held by this new found love 
While my soul goes through the following
A curse by my very close
A terpid shade of jealousy 
A shunning for one minor exclusion
And here the rains are only ranting of love


No comments:

Post a Comment