Sunday 30 April 2023

To My Dear Friend

Hey, when it is time to go call me, or I will call you
I would like to share a drink for either of us to know
We can't leave unless we have that one tinkle of a glass
And we will play 'It's a wonderful world' in the background
If I am the one leaving, sing it for me
If you are, I will sing along for you
But we should get the other a cup of Earl Grey, a marmalade sandwich
Then maybe sit and hold each other's hand

Hey, when it is time to go, call me or I will call you
We can sit together side by side
Watch the sun go down once again
Chase the dark away with a solitary light 
If I am the one leaving, brew me a coffee
If you are, I will lace it with liquor
But we should share a last smoke, laugh over mangled songs and memes
Then maybe hold each other in a tight embrace

Hey, when it is time to go, call me or I will call you
We should call for some butter garlic prawns
For either of us to know
We can't leave unless we share one last meal
If I am the one leaving, hold me to calm my fears 
If you are, I will cuddle to soothe your pain
But we should remember that we had the time of our life
then maybe, sit quietly, staring into the beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment