Friday 17 December 2021

Winter Mornings are a Bitch

Good morning love, it is another day
The mist is as fresh as your absence
It has only been long since you went
Yet it feels like yesterday, 
One knows not when, one knows not when
For I was awake in your presence
Then the absence numbs my senses
Comatose, ah quite the likeness
I hold this sunflower, bright and yellow
It is as fresh too, it would be
I made it myself for you as a gift 
It even smells of silence you make feel
Yet is an astute chrome yellow
Lacks the gentleness of your cheeks
The ashtray i let it rest on has Singapore
Etched on it, in clay 
The bookmark broke though
But it decided to cut me before leaving
I guess it wanted a shade of my red
I doubt if that still is the colour in my veins
The heart is blue, makes my teeth chatter
I hear it, and think it is a symphony
Like my buddy writes, or maybe hears
Unsure, like most of the mist is in my head
Ah indeed, the mist,
Was that you, shining through it?
Or was it the sun, I can't tell
Feels the same, only both are far 
So far away for me to distinguish
So now I guess I will let myself wander
Again into thoughts, me, you, then, et al

No comments:

Post a Comment