Sunday 26 December 2021

Echoes of a distant past

Ah! I remember, our kiss at the booth
Hiding from folks, stealing moments
It was me then, broken and lost
While your hand stilled me, our lips locked
The ale rannstrong, in both our veins
Yet your breath felt as the misty wind
I had fallen in love, all over again
The mind was butterflies, the eye a sea
Lashing in tears, of joyful, spilling at times
Your hands like the sun, wiped them away
I could have died, and I should have too
For I had felt, more than a heart could ever
Then the evening left, the days passed
You too wandered, forsaking my arms
I fret not for the forsaken bits
The heart yearns to see and hear
The thoughts echo of those old times
When you sought love, like I did
And here I am now, adrift in woeful eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment