Saturday 11 December 2021

A trove of grandeur

Often have you spoken of love 
And how I know as such nothing of 
I agree,  your endearment tends to overwhelm 
And I seem to just rattle, and revolve around you 
If you should ask me, if anyone would 
I could murmur the sound your hair makes 
I can recite the strumming of your heartbeat 
I could mimic your breath, leaving your nostrils 
I could describe the scent of your exhale 
I could paint the way your skin feels 
I could poetise the sparkle of your eyes’ glimpse 
Yet for all that  
I truly cannot understand love 
For you say it is so, and for me that is true 
I have tried to be you,  
Before action that very thought has failed 
For you stir, still, elate, elevate 
My body and soul, in wake and slumber 
I have often wondered, what makes you 
My answers have always been, you 
You made you, you made me,  
If you can love; how can I 
For I am unable to contain such grandeur.

No comments:

Post a Comment