Sunday 12 December 2021

Reminiscent

The bottles of eristoff and Gorbatschow
Have long stood as a reminder
Of I having never broken down 
For I break into the inconsolable
It has stood gleaming, in our arguments
In our odd discussions and perceptions
Only to have you back down, younger one
And yet they have poured themselves 
Over and over into your glass
Before I was done with 3 you were at 7
As always, you were in a hurry
I remember the drunk new year's eve
Where you refused to listen to reason
Making me travel miles to punch you
Make you see logic, drag you home
You and your tantrums, childish yet fun
So brother Pious tell me
What made you leave, so soon, so quick
Did the beautiful skies need a closer look?
Or maybe you wanted a better view
But maybe you were being you
Hurrying and running, yet this time so far
Call me, sometime. Don't be a stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment