Sunday 15 February 2015

You grow on me
Spreading your tendrils, wrap me in your self
Yet you seek to change what I am
Am I , am I all that you want me to be
I am not, yet I won't try to be either
But you keep at it, like a wave cutting a cliff
The cliff may erode, and then, you wont have that company
Such is your wanton desire
To change me, into your perception
But I will fight
Fight till my last breath evades me
For if I change, you wouldn't love me
Such is your misunderstood irony
If I was anything or anyone else
What would you be, you would be you
Without me, you would be a runner on another tree
But if It wasn't me, wouldn't you miss me
I would, for we exist in such a ruse
Of fighting, yet being one
Yet today, i choose to discard
All you are, for you are not what I wish to fight
I have my own battles
They will be mine, your absence would leave it's mark
Yet, I would care less
For to love, I did
But to fall out of love you helped me
Such, isn't that what should fuel
My death wish filled dark poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment