Wednesday 24 May 2023

Travels are better with a coffee pot

I must admit, Aaloo Parathas are perfect breakfast food but
Almond fingers and coffee taste quite heavenly 
And when you are hangry three hours past your early morning wake
You like pretending the world has gone to hell altogether
So I ordered them, for you and me
While I ordered coffee and milk powder too
I liked the look on your face as they delivered
All of these items to our silent and still hotel room
When I made coffee and served it, with these almond fingers
They looked quite tempting and you ate them off the jar lid
I leaned closer and gently whispered some words on purpose
Do you remember what was it that I said my dear?
You don't realise it wasn't about carrying these every trip hereon
I meant I want to always take trips with you, make you coffee
In those early mornings and calm you hangry and trying to be calm

No comments:

Post a Comment