Saturday 20 May 2023

freight truck, where have you been

That is a big orange lock on your door, Oh! friend van. What do you hide inside?
I am always in the mood of curiosity, and this time again you will disappoint
I know
But then we both are locked in this causality and action, your eloquent rejection to enthrall me
What do you hold inside you today, my dear, tell me, tell me, what is new

Could it be the box of medicines that is needed to save a life, that is wandering the borders?
As it thinks of crossing over into the light, his hands held by a sad sad mother, broken
I don't know
But I know you will tell me, once you open up, unleash the mystery that is inside
What do you hold inside you today, my dear, tell me, tell me, what is new

Could it be boxes of croissants that everyone fusses about, pretends to know, and try to pronounce
As we all know I hate French food, it's too bland for me and a croissant is the least of many
I don't know
But I know you will disappoint me, once you open up, unleash upon me a sense of pointlessness
What do you hold inside you today, my dear, tell me, tell me, what is new

Could it be fresh sweets and treats that you are carrying from the nearby bakery, I love that place
I have spent a good part of my youth getting items there to bake, that mom prepared, we didn't have an oven then
I don't know
But I know I will be dejected, once you open up and unleash upon me a sense of childish stupidness 
What do you hold inside you today, my dear, tell me, tell me, what is new

Could it be large chunks of ice for the nearby mortuary, oh! That place has so many dead bodies, I fear it
I have passed by that place so often, now It sends a shiver through my soul, my friends were there
I don't know
But I know you will scare me, once you open up and unleash, a sense of morbid human mortality
What do you hold inside you today, my dear, tell me, tell me, what is new


No comments:

Post a Comment