Thursday 25 May 2023

Room 104

It is a wide white room, these greyish curtains gently sway
You sit, reading poems that are shoddily put together by someone else
I lie to you that they are fabulous and forward them to you
You look at me as you read them out, making disgusted faces
I relish this torment that I Inflict on you, pranking you
You exhale in annoyed breaths yell expletives at me
I send you a newer verse, this time written by me, made for you
You smile suddenly and come over to give me a hug
I see the evening has passed by in this prank, it's night
I sing an old song from my memory as we smoke a cigarette
You exclaim stating you rather spend time like this
I brew a coffee and blend it with rum, serve it
We sip it once it turns cold, the stars are beautiful
Like you they envelop me, surround me in gentle wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment