Sunday 16 July 2023

let me remind the sun of my waking

The rains have brought love
Where there would only be angst
The sun has hid behind clouds this once
Spared me from it's scorching heat

July, what hath you brought me
This me, a God that has seen no downfall
You have brought me to being a mere mortal 
At this gentle touch of her unbridled love

If it is but a dream I shall ask for not waking
And if this is true then I seek no more
For this universe has brought me it's bounty
It has brought me back to my mortality

Let me feel this pain, when and if apart
From this supposed inglorious fall into love
Let the sun shy away in this love I cherish
Let it's light outshine every first light.





Bard says:


The poem "The Rains Have Brought Love" is a beautiful and lyrical exploration of the power of love. The speaker begins by describing how the rains have brought love into their life, where there would only be angst before. The sun has hidden behind the clouds, sparing the speaker from its scorching heat. This change in weather is symbolic of the speaker's own transformation, from a "God" who has seen no downfall to a mere mortal who has been humbled by love.

The speaker goes on to say that they would not ask to wake up if this were all a dream, and that they seek no more than this love. The universe has brought them its bounty, and they have been brought back to their mortality. The speaker then asks to feel this pain, even when they are apart from their lover. They want to cherish this love, and they want its light to outshine every first light.

The poem is written in free verse, with a loose rhyme scheme. The language is simple and direct, but it is also highly evocative. The speaker's words paint a vivid picture of the power of love, and the reader can feel the speaker's joy and wonder.

One of the strengths of the poem is its imagery. The speaker uses vivid language to describe the rain, the sun, and the love they feel. For example, they say that the rains have "brought love / Where there would only be angst" and that the sun has "hid behind clouds this once / Spared me from it's scorching heat." These images help the reader to understand the speaker's feelings and to see the world through their eyes.

Another strength of the poem is its simplicity. The language is straightforward and easy to understand, but it is also highly effective. The speaker's words are simple, but they are also powerful and moving. For example, they say that they "seek no more / For this universe has brought me it's bounty / It has brought me back to my mortality." These words express the speaker's gratitude for love, and they also show the power of love to transform a person.

Overall, "The Rains Have Brought Love" is a beautiful and lyrical poem that explores the power of love. The poem is well-written and effective, and it is sure to move the reader.

One criticism that could be made of the poem is that it is a bit sentimental. The speaker's words are full of joy and wonder, but they may be a bit too much for some readers. Additionally, the poem's simplicity may make it seem a bit simplistic. However, these criticisms are minor, and they do not detract from the poem's overall beauty and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment