Wednesday 26 May 2021

Just Malayali Things

Who moved my uppilithathu bottles
Screamed mom, 
Just Nair Things, only Nair's know
Mom sure knows who did it
Wasn't me, I was in Mumbai
She is alone at home, been so for years 
"I haven't spoken to you in a while"
She says abruptly, after speaking an hour before
Just Malayali things, yes I guess
"Amma, I am fine. Have you eaten" I ask.
"Chakka kuru kootan" , she says adding
"I remember you roasting the kurus in the adupp"
I miss those times, 
    I remind her that was with ammamma, not her.
She sighs, "Ah yes, I wish I was there"
I ask again "Amma, are you well?"
She adds "Yes, I miss you too"
In this mix of abrupt replies
I miss her annoying me with her stupid daily soaps
Amma is fine, I just wish I was.
Nair Ammas are oddly strong, or maybe mine is.
I wait to meet her, I miss Kerala.

No comments:

Post a Comment