Saturday 29 May 2021

Paints

Fragmented is my reality
My pallette of only black
And the heart asks for reds
Yet I paint it in gradients
Shades of black into greys
Or the absence of either
The canvas has its colours
I paint around enclosing it
Like a storm brewing
Or like murderous barbrians rampging
Of all the good in siege
Encircled by the thirst of death
Such macabre musings are 
Such are musings of mine
I have ridiculed storms in my breath
I have ravaged the stormy seas
If life should come calling
I shall be the siren at the cliffs
Lure it into the rocky shallows
Set that wreck adrift in the seas
No moon shall shimmer a glimmer
For there is no hope to wallow for
Abandoned is beautiful mornings
Abhorred is make believe and dreams
If you still come calling
Know full well my heart is forever dark
Your cries shall hold no candle to it
For it only darkness I cast

No comments:

Post a Comment