Monday 22 June 2015

Walls

The walls one built will eventually shatter
Yet I lived amongst a barricade
A maze of walls, that kept me going
And then you just walked right through

I never questioned
Never have I ever
Yet , i know I have to rebuild
Only this time stronger and higher

While I may question the logic
Of being in love
I shall not, it serves no better than the conflict itself
Of unquenchable thirst and unbearable pain

The dead see the end of war
But love left me undead
yet in persisting longing
Only to hurt, only to burn

Such is the nature of the beast called love
All it does is destroy
I am on my road again
Gathering my wits

This road to love is a worthy test
On one end is loneliness
On another loneliness
Yet the walk is called for

The choices one makes do not matter
For one does not choose pain
Pain is the lovechild of such endeavours
And you can only cuddle it

Today I will build these walls again
And I know if you ever say the words they will shatter
But , the walls are my placebo
And the bonds of yours are your restraint

No comments:

Post a Comment