Wednesday 6 March 2024

The Outcome of love and longing are the same

Thursday, to its end 
May have been joyous, except
The gentle wisps of pain
 From my right shoulder to my ankles 
And the numbness of my left
 A quad of limbs partially available
A shade of ease comes to, leaves abrupt
 As I blink into sleep
 Wake up to palpitations, my heart 
 like a raging bull thumps
 Wanting to a prisonbreak 
 From my now paining ribs, either sides
You call, we exchange pleasantries
We hang up, I feel no different
These phantom pains don't leave
Unlike you who has come and go
Ever so often, reducing every rebuild to rubble
But then
Each day is like your arrival
The aches seem persistent, yet 
  there are sudden moments 
 When they leave, nanoseconds
Or maybe my soul is flickering 
Before it extinguishers
Like a flame burning brighter and flickering
Before it lets darkness win

No comments:

Post a Comment