Saturday 4 February 2023

we will share a meal, everyday

It had been a while since she last saw him. Since he left for a place hundreds of miles away she has been shattered and growing insane day by day. She sees him return to the village from her window and she runs to him. She has anger in her eyes from.her desperation of his absence, yet she melts at his glance  she stands before him, like a shy village girl draped in her saree, drenched in the first rain. Her eyes rise and flutter down again, unable to look away, but too shy to look at him. Her heart questions:

Do I look good to you my love, even after these many days apart
Or has another found a place in your heart that I am erased
In your presence I become clay, as your glance touches me
Pray tell, why have you not for so long called out for me

He looks at her and smiles gently, his eyes are transfixed on her, captivated by her loving presence. It paints his eyes a shade of golden sunsets, his lips move in silent mutterings. He stretches out his hand, yet somehow holds it back right before it touches her shoulders. His eyes reek of a wanting of her amorous embrace. His heart speaks

Priye, my heart wouldn't even know love if it wasn't for you
For only you rekindle the fire of my very existence 
No one compares to the hurt being away from you causes
You are the very light that sets my heart on fire

No comments:

Post a Comment