Friday 11 December 2020

Midway


At half past 41

There is but a odd sigh

Where one shall seek to question

What all has gone by

Such not is for me alas

For none of it has been in haste

To command such regret

For I have nothing to lament

Or whinge and hurl black words at

 

At half past the darkest of night

The soul seems to seek peace

Or so I would imagine

It is but boredom and apathy

Where I and Humanity have failed

Each other, mostly I; its lack of hate

I live with stark truths

Avoiding its dark touch

 

At half past hate

I awoke in care

Your compassion and love, nope

Mine for mine

As only me would reason and judge

Can and should

Voices such as you

Are inverted rare


At half past love

That I lie awake

As a teen, the young boy that I was

I slid past the sad and grey

And saw the facades we portray

Love and care, until you toe a line

Should you flinch, broken from bonds,

It isn’t honest,

It’s all charade

No comments:

Post a Comment