Monday 10 April 2017

Between the walls of my prison
And the boundaries of my freedom
I ache for you; the third way of uncertainly
The one to the left seeks to take away
What the one on the right wants to keep
Yet the take away wants to play no part
Only be there, not taken
For there is where he has been
Had it been for a whiff of life and love
I would shift left or right
Yet I am drawn to you
Who has no tug at me
Like a floating leaf on an endless ocean
Drawn to you by the undercurrents
One has love the other has too
Yet neither can contain
For the fear I feel that both may turn
Become just the same
So I call out yonder, without a sound or gesture
Knowing you feel as I have always
Yet in both of our tight lipped silent greetings
We have known
How deep the need of to be vehemently wanted is.
Should this tug of war subside
Ending in both or none
I have no desire, to pick up the spoils of this war
For this war has bled me
As the rest of life has, you are no stranger to this
Release me.

No comments:

Post a Comment