Wednesday 15 February 2017

A quick try at Janaki Vs Anjaneya.
Feel free to poke at it, constructive or destructive feedback welcome.

--------------

Anjaneya
You speak of wisdom yet you are a mere monkey
Yet you are so called the epitome of love
Beyond what even I would be called
You chew at the pearls gifted
You run amok in the gardens
You have swallowed the sun
Yet you seek to outmatch me?

Maata I wouldn't even think
Nor would even try
For you are his own extension
Yet all I am is a monkey by instinct
You, a human, sentient, beautiful

He would cross the sea for you
He has not crossed the door for me
He has spoken , while the world heard
Yet he never put me above any
Neither I deserve, nor do I demand
For you are all he would desire
I am just a mere monkey

Anjaneya, you speak so
Yet I feel so insignificant
You who soared the skies, burned a kingdom
Only to ask if I was well
Why is it so that he loves you more?
And why is it that you answer to his name?
Why is it my name stands for me?
Yet you are addressed as his before me?

Maate, I serve him, I serve you
I do not see beyond his very presence
As I rip open my chest witness
You stand next to him, sans I
For I am but a mere monkey
Who cannot even dare to match
And I shall blindly follow
Where you order me to fly

At this the sky trembled
A great voice was heard
Anjenaya, you are my breath, she is my consort
Today I speak beyond my silence
Let it be known to those who ask
Anjaneya and Janaki are beyond compare
For Anjaneya was the eyes I saw through
When Janaki who is my vision was stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment