Sunday 12 February 2017

When one as such as you
Shall peep through the shattered windows
Of my heart, a ransacked ruin
The light that you block, casts gentle shadows
It is the shade
Of your form
That when cast, brings forth a gentleness
For otherwise, even moon light scorches
Gently as you touch the walls
Now of stone, they weren't so once, they become sheets of satin
As you tred past them deeper into my soul
The floors of the ruin feel paved, of smoothed cobblestones
When you looked at this dilapidated heart
It was blue, cold and deadened by hemlock
And as you touched it, you redden it, making it rage, race, fly
My heart once flew towards love,
Burning my wings
And this time sensing my flightless will
You love, has come to me
I couldn't ever be the Phoenix
for love at best had only invoked great fear and hurt
Yet you love, never gave up
You reach back to me
As my Mason and my carpenter
To build back , to breathe into my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment