Tuesday 19 January 2016

Strong memories

Those leaves that rustle, and all they do is sing melodies
Often forgotten ones, like those of  childhood songs, sung when my heart had no qualms
Where summer brought not just sunlit evenings but mangoes on trees
And rains were the season of roasted corn on charcoal
As little , the little we could, we met , in class, after class
And that year is still as fresh in my mind, like the taste of a fresh brew of barley and hops
The sight, of you were not a wonder till you were around
But began to seem so, when I moved a 100 miles away
Yet you never knew, for I never knew either, You and me were both juveniles
The only thought besides the fog and morning haze I recollect to date , you
Now no longer a possibility of seeing, if yes minus the haze and fog
The light drizzle of those mountain rain, the gentle cold and calm
Yet in my mind, I see it all
Annealed as one
A sight I never want gone
Of closed eyes, yet most times I try to see it as childish
Are we not all still the very child, we were?
And then the age passes brings forth my current, currents of the flow of this very reality
That tug, and I in this duality
Exist, yet never forgot, not that I will, but if old age does catch up
And Alzheimer's steadily takes it toll
I wish it leaves your memory untouched
For it reminds me, of being in touch
A hint of my inner child
And as such, the peace of knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment