Sunday 4 February 2024

By the balcony, watching the bee eaters

I spend Sunday mornings at my balcony, annoyed mostly
The chirp of bee eaters ruin my sleeping in
I groan six times out of nine and still drag myself out of bed
Make coffee and go to watch, these little green tiny bee eaters, fluttering
Whizzing past often before my face
I sometimes wondered, if I could speak to them
I hoped someday to ask them to postpone their morning rituals
I did today, but it seems to be a quandary
You see, there is a golden Magnolia tree
Hosting a few of the other varieties
Of chirpy lasses and stubborn lads
Wanting to build nests, or feed their had (little birdies they already have)
Apparently those non bee eaters, the drongos
Have a schedule to keep is what I have been told
I moved in last year, to this block of my home
These birdies have here forever flown
So I must not fret, ask for a reconsideration
And silently watch these green bee eaters in action
And sip my coffee, thank the universe
Call it a lovely restful Sunday 


No comments:

Post a Comment