Thursday 4 May 2017

Not to sound too desperate
Yet somehow I would like to see you right now
For in a million blinks, I have never stared blank
Maybe your absence is an obvious
Yet I can't make sense of it at all
I have known and understood
Stories of war and loss, of pain and misery
Yet nothing stuck, nor struck
But here I am, clueless and belligerent
In a shameful disconnect
Wanting to have ended, walking down the empty roads
As you sped off into the distance
Your presence was brief, yet it was profound
Depravity or disdain are incomplete to express
"Neither of which matters"
Neither of which matters to me either
In my swirl of errors, forgetfulness, longing and love
Wishing to be held at least a week in love sans pain
How can I be, I have an acumen
To fail, over and over again

No comments:

Post a Comment